|Deadline Date:||Mar 1st, 2016|
|Posted Date:||Nov 1st, 2011|
The National Italian American Foundation (NIAF) annually awards scholarships to outstanding students in the summer for use during the following academic year. The awards will be made on the basis of academic merit and divided between two groups of students.
General Category I:
Italian American students who demonstrate outstanding potential and high academic achievements. Area of study: open.
General Category II:
Those students from any ethnic background majoring or minoring in Italian language, Italian studies, Italian American studies or a related field, who demonstrate outstanding potential and high academic achievements.
Scholarship awards range from $2,000-$12,000 and are awarded to undergraduate, graduate, post-graduate, medical, dental, and legal students.
Each scholarship award can only cover tuition and university-provided room and board. Scholarship recipients are eligible for one year of scholarship support. Scholarship monies not used during one academic year are not transferable to the following academic year. Scholarship applicants and winners can and are encouraged to reapply in subsequent years.
To be considered for a NIAF scholarship, a student must meet the following criteria:
• Be a member of NIAF or have a parent or guardian who is a member of NIAF. Not a member? CLICK HERE to join today!
• Be enrolled in an US accredited institution of higher education for the Fall 2015.
• Have a grade-point average of at least 3.5 out of 4.0 (or the equivalent).
• Be a United States citizen or a permanent resident alien.
• Fit into one of the two NIAF scholarship categories.
• For the purposes of the NIAF Scholarship Program, to be “Italian American” the student must have at least one ancestor who has immigrated from Italy.
No immediate family members of the NIAF Board of Directors, Regional Vice-Presidents, Area Coordinators or staff are eligible for NIAF scholarships.
The Scholarship cycle for the 2016-2017 academic year will open on December 1, 2015, and close on March 1, 2016.
National Italian American Foundation Scholarship
1860 19th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20009-5501