|Deadline Date:||Mar 25th, 2016|
|Posted Date:||Oct 20th, 2011|
The William and Dorothy Ferrell Scholarship is awarded biennially to two selected applicants studying for a career in the field of services to children or adults who are blind or visually impaired. The two $1,000 scholarship winners will be announced prior to the AER Biennial International Conference, scheduled for July 20-24, 2016, in Jacksonville, FL.
Applications & support material must be submitted by March 25, 2016.
1. Applicants for the Ferrell Scholarship must be legally blind (have a visual acuity of 20/200 or less in the best-corrected eye and/or a visual field of 20 degrees or less.)
2. Applicants must be studying at the post-secondary level for a career in the field of services to persons who are blind or visually impaired.
3. Applications must be typed and submitted electronically to AER at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. At least one letter of recommendation, (no more than two) and an original, signed proof of vision status must be mailed separately to AER Scholarship Committee, 1703 North Beauregard Street, Suite 440, Alexandria, VA 22311-1717.
5. Submission deadline is March 25, 2016
Application: See Here