|Deadline Date:||Jun 1st, 2011|
|Posted Date:||Jan 3rd, 2011|
WHO SHOULD APPLY AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Deadline: June 1 Every Year
Scholarships are available only to women graduate students with
physical disabilities who are enrolled in a college or university in the
United States. These scholarships are awarded on an objective and
nondiscriminatory basis. Applicants must meet the following specific
1) The student must be a woman with a physical disability.
2) The student must be currently accepted to a graduate program working towards a Masters degree or above in an accredited college or university in the United States.
3) The student must be active in a local, state, or national disability organization - either in person or electronically - which is providing services and/or advocacy for people with disabilities.
4) The student must be willing, as an ELA Scholar, to network with
the ELA Board of Directors and previous ELA Scholarship recipients on
our listserv. This will enhance the ELA Scholar's support base in
professional and advocacy arenas.
5) The student must be willing, as an ELA Scholar, to update the ELA Foundation with an annual letter on September 1st of each year on her progress in her academic and/or working career.
Ethel Louise Armstrong Foundation, Inc.
Deborah Lewis, Executive Director
2460 North Lake Avenue
Altadena, CA 91001