The $2,500 scholarship will be awarded to a second year (2L) or third year (3L) law student who is enrolled in a law school in the State of New York during the 2013-2014 academic year. Attached is a PDF containing an application and complete scholarship guidelines. Students also may access the application and guidelines at http://www.tnybf.org/ScholarshipFellowships.htm.
The Honorable Joel K. Asarch Elder Law Scholarship recipient will be announced by November 15, 2013.
1. The scholarship is open to all second-year (2L) and third-year (3L) students who are enrolled in a law school in the State of New York during the 2013-2014 academic year.
2. The student must be actively participating in an Elder Law Clinic of the law school in which they are enrolled during the 2013 fall semester or registered to participate in an Elder Law Clinic during the 2014 spring semester or performs other substantial efforts which demonstrate interest in the legal rights of the elderly or the practice of elder law.
3. The student must have attained a 2.5 or equivalent GPA in law school.
4. A preference will be given to a student who demonstrates a present and permanent physical or mental disability that substantially limits one or more of the major life activities of the individual.
5. A preference will be given to a student who can demonstrate financial need.
Deadline: October 14, 2013
The New York Bar Foundation
One Elk Street
Albany, NY 12207